Week Three and Four
During these two weeks, the attention is on blood flow and circulation, intending to nourish the blood to take nutrients around the body.
- N°12. Huang Qi Astragalus
- N°13. Goji berries Wolfberry
Black Vinegar: This ingredient is used alongside foods made of pork, and has therapeutic, blood purification, and artery-cleansing functions.
- N°14. Dang Gui: This herb nourishes and boosts Blood.
- N°15. sea cucumber soup, red date beef soup, and seaweed soup are all great for the new mom to help her recover from delivery and boost blood.
- N°16. sea cucumber
Some other porridges to eat include vegetable porridge, seafood porridge, and eight-treasure porridge. These porridges tonifies blood and Qi detoxifies the system and Strengthens the Stomach and Spleen.
Bird's nest and snow clam: This meal regulates the blood supply, restores health, and improves cell rebirth.
Other ingredients used to make confinement meals include
- N°22. Dried longan
- N°23. Red lotus seed
- N°24. Fish maw
- N°25. Yan wo (Cubilose)
- N°26. Dong chong cao
- N°27. Shu di huang
- N°28. Motherwort herb
- N°29. Gastrodia elata
- N°30. Barley semen coicis
- N°35. White fungus
- N°36. Radix codonopsis root
- N°37. Glehnia littoralis
- N°40. Fox nut
- Lentinus edodes
- N°41. Black bean
- N°46. figs
Ingredients needed for moms to take a good bath during confinement:
- N°49. 2 packs of wormwood
- N°50. 3 to 5 kg of ginger
Meals to avoid during postpartum confinement
- Avoid sour, raw, and cold foods as they cause congestion and prevent the discharge of lochia.
- Avoid salty foods because they can cause edema.
- Complex hard foods are difficult to digest, so avoid them.
- Stay away from spicy foods because they can cause constipation and make the qi and blood weaker
- Avoid overeating because you have a weak gastrointestinal function at the time, and the digestive process can be hindered.
- The best postpartum practice is to eat smaller meal portions and eat as much as 5 or 6 times daily.
Postpartum confinement offers many benefits, including fighting allergies, improving physique, preventing ulcers, and asthma, and fighting colds, wrinkles, dark spots, constipation, soreness, and fatigue that come with childbirth.
If you want to give this practice a try, hire a confinement nanny to prepare your meals and offer the care you need.
AyiConnect is a platform to connect families with helpers who can provide language assistance in addition to care. You can engage with them directly through self-service. For those busy professionals who don't have time or need language assistance, we also offer Concierge 1:1 Elite service. Schedule a free consultation here for our concierge service, or check us out on ayiconnection.com.